The Studies in Advanced and Innovative Learning (SAIL) program encourages students to challenge themselves with advanced and rigorous courses, to explore career and technical learning opportunities on and off campus, and to be innovative leaders in our school and community.
SAIL recognizes and rewards outstanding students for going beyond expectations and provides them with relevant and rigorous courses to take them beyond traditional high school offerings and into college-level courses and career exploration.
Pre-SAIL Requirements (6th – 8th grades)
- A/B honor roll each quarter.
- Complete at least three advanced core courses (English, Math, Science, or Social Studies) each year.
- Complete a Pre-SAIL application and pay $25 dues each year to remain in the program. (Applications are due in September.)
The SAIL coordinator and guidance counselors will assess student qualifications during the application period each year and verify grades after the first quarter in October. They then send out official acceptance letters.
General SAIL Qualifications
- Maintain 3.5 weighted cumulative GPA.
- Complete at least two honors, dual enrolled, or advanced placement core classes per academic year (Math, science, social studies, or English).
- Complete an application and pay dues each year to remain an active SAIL member.
Any student who fails to meet these SAIL requirements may be removed from the program.
SAIL Graduation Cord Requirements
- Must have been a member of SAIL for at least three years during high school years.
- Must be an active member of SAIL during their senior year.
- Maintain a cumulative weighted GPA of 3.5.
- Successfully complete eight hours of honors, dual enrollment, or advanced placement core courses during the student’s high school years.
The SAIL coordinator and guidance counselors will assess student qualifications during the application period each year.